Last year my son had no clue who the Easter bunny was. Fast forward to March 2016 and although I'm not entirely sure he knows who the Easter bunny is definitely knows what chocolate is! Although an active toddler and chocolate is probably not a good mix once in a while we let him have some (and up our coffee intake to keep up) and I'm sure he is going to have a blast at this year's Easter Egg Hunt.
One piece of advice we have been given, is try to find a hunt that groups the kids by age if you have children on the younger end of the scale. Chocolate and Easter can make kids become like the Walking Dead so if you don't want your little ones trampled age-group hunts may be best
We've done a bit of searching for all the local hunts and have put together this list for you below:
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny (Saturday 3/19: Jefferson Valley Mall) - Come to this free event (reservations required) where kids can enjoy breakfast with the Easter Bunny but also enjoy a bouncehouse course, balloon animals, crafts, giveaways & more!
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny and Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/19: Sleepy Hollow High School Cafeteria) - this pancake breakfast has two seatings with an Easter Egg hunt that begins half way through each seating. The hunts are broken down into age categories of 3 and under as well as 3 and above. Great for smaller kids!
- Yorktown Heights (Saturday 3/19: Downing Park) - this local hunt offers prizes for all with special prizes for kids 12 and under who find their 'special' eggs.
- Armonk Egg-cellent Hunt (Saturday 3/19: IBM Community Park Field) - children aged Pre-K through to Grade 5 are invited to this event.
- Tarrytown Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/19: Patriot's Park) - Hop on down to this Easter Egg Hunt for children aged 1 - 8.
- Buchanan Easter Egg Scramble (Saturday 3/19: Buchanan Village Hall Lawn) - Children can scramble across the lawn (or pavilion in the event of rain) to find eggs with each child receiving a ticket to win a special prize.
- Hastings on Hudson Eggstravaganza (Saturday 3/19: Zinsser Field) - open to Hastings residents this Easter Egg Hunt for children ages 2 - 8 also offers pictures with the Easter Bunny and all children under 2 will receive a bag of goodies.
- North White Plains Egg-cellent Hunt (Saturday 3/19: North Castle Community Center Fields) - children aged Pre-K through to Grade 5 are invited to this event.
- Spring Egg-Stravaganza (Saturday 3/19: Quaker Ridge School, Scarsdale) - an Easter Egg Hunt as well as a Magic Show and a chance to win prizes for the kids!
- Town of Cortlandt 4th Annual Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/19: Youth & Recreation Center) - this egg hunt has the kids grouped in age groups of 2 - 5 years old and 6 years and older, plus photos with the Easter Bunny!
- Eastchester Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/19: Town Hall) - this Easter egg hunt is reporting to have thousands of Easter eggs scattered on the fields of the Town Hall so while no age groups there should be enough for even the smallest of children to get one or two.
- Greenburgh Nature Center (Sunday 3/20) - a rather busy hunt from last year's reports so be sure to book early for this environmentally friendly Easter Egg Hunt (Under 2s are free).
- Hendrick Hudson Annual Easter Egg Hunt (Sunday 3/20: Hendrick Hudson High School, Montrose) - this annual Easter Egg Hunt is grouped according to age
- Apple Moms HV Easter Egg Hunt (Wednesday 3/23: Jacks Clubhouse, Brewster) - As parents themselves the Apple Moms have been to so many Easter Egg Hunts they know what works well and what doesn't so they've decided to throw their own! The event is now SOLD OUT but some tickets will be available the morning of...just arrive early.
- Bounce U (Thursday 3/24) has two bounce sessions featuring an Easter Egg Hunt, a visit from he easter Bunny and of course time to bounce. The first session at 10am is for children 7 years and younger and the second session at 5pm is for all ages.
- Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard (Friday & Saturday 3/25 & 3/26) - this Easter Egg Hunt is grouped into age groups of 3 and under and 4 - 6 year olds and is timed through the day. On top of a great Easter Egg hunt the kids can enjoy pony and hayrides, a bounce house, get to see baby chicks and goats and eat delicious BBQ food. Registration for this event starts March 2nd.
- City of Yonkers Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/26: Redmond Field) - this annual event has three age groups; 4 years and younger; 5 - 7 years old and 8 - 10 years old, with photos with the Easter Bunny.
- Sleepy Hollow Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/26: Douglas Park) - Bring a bag and a camera on this local hunt
- Briarcliff Manor East Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/26: Chilmark Park) - a special show by Ned Golfers precedes the Easter Egg Hunt. The show involves juggling and other circus skills and special prizes are to be found in the Easter Eggs!
- Tuckahoe Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/26: Parkway Oval Field ) - Suitable for 9 years and younger reports have said that this can be a bit overwhelming for younger children as children run to find their eggs
- Bryn Mawr Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/26: Bryn Mawr Children's Learning Center) - from 18 months children can hunt for an Easter egg at this Center in Yonkers
- Pleasantville Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday 3/26: Pleasantville Elementary School) - children aged Pre-K through to Grade 6 are invited to this event, with the organizers advising to leave time to have your photo taken with the Easter bunny.
- Egg Hunt with Wolves (Sunday 3/27: Wolf Conservation Center) - not your traditional hunt but an opportunity for children to hide the eggs from the Wolves
Sadly the Stew Leonards, Yonkers Easter Egg Hunt is sold out but you can go on their waiting list for this free event. However, they do at time of publishing have spaces to their Bunny Breakfast on Saturday March 19 and Sunday March 20. With the likes of mini- pancakes, eggs, sausage, fried potato cakes, fresh fruit, bagels, coffee, orange juice, milk and chicken parmesan and baked ziti (for brunch) plus photos with the Easter Bunny this sounds delicious and fun!
If you are looking to get a bit arty, Painting with a Twist in Scarsdale has a Kids painting class with the theme on Saturday 3/19 being obviously a 'Bunny'. Great for kids 12 and under be sure to register and attend this creative class.
And if it is just a photo you want with the Easter Bunny visit the Westchester Mall from Sunday 2/28 to have your photo taken with this infamous bunny.
Have we missed an Easter Egg Hunt? If so comment below and we'll be sure to add it!